Wednesday 29 April 2015

“So I finally have dental insurance, now what?”

Many of my patients have insurance through their employer, but few really understand the workings of their plan. Oftentimes, the insurance card comes with a booklet, pages long, with small print, explaining the plan benefits. While the booklet is guaranteed to be less complicated than the booklet that came with your cell phone, it still can be intimidating.


I've attached a link to a website that I researched that had a good general discussion about dental insurance. My office accepts all insurance plans. Additionally, my office staff is wonderful about helping patients get the most out of their dental insurance benefits; they are more than happy to answer any questions you may have. If you are thinking you may want to become a patient in my office, be sure that your insurance allows you to go to any dental office, rather than restricting you to a limited list of providers. 

Most plans renew every calendar year, with maximums that, if not used, go away. For patients with unmet dental needs, that’s leaving money on the table!





No comments:

Post a Comment